This morning has already yielded a couple funny stories.
1) I had just fed Emily (which we all know is PRIME TIME for spit up) but Abby wants to play with her. She put her face right by Emily's to make a funny sound to get her to laugh and Emily spits up ON HER FACE. I didn't react because I didn't want Abby to freak out. Amazingly, all she did was use my sleeve to wipe her face. When I saw that she was fine with the incident I started cracking up. She thought it was pretty funny too.
2) The kids just ate lunch and were ready to go back outside to play. We get all their muddy shoes back on and their coats and send them out. No more than 2 minutes later, Abby is back inside b/c she has to go potty....BAD. So, I "yelled" at her saying, "Abby, you can't wait so long to use the potty. Whenever you feel it, just go!" Well, she broke down b/c I yelled at her. She cried the entire way to the bathroom, the entire time she peed and while she was getting her shoes back on. She told Brian that she was going to cry all week long. Wow....maybe a little dramatic. So, I picked her up and said told her I was sorry for hurting her feelings, but I just didn't want her to pee in her pants. She's still crying and she says, "My heart didn't go potty and my heart's mommy yelled at her and now my heart is going to cry all week long." Sounds pretty sticky between her heart and the mommy....hope they figure that one out! In the meantime Abby agreed that we were indeed ok because I told her sorry.
No comments:
Post a Comment