Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Half a year

Half a year down, Emily!!  Here are some of our favorite things about you....

- Your smile.  It's the best.  Your face is just so darn cute!!  It doesn't take much to make you happy, so you easily hand out big old grins.  You laugh a lot now and I love it.  Multiple people have randomly commented to us that you look like the Gerber baby.

- You are ACTIVE!  If you are on the ground, you are rolling.  If you are in your exersaucer, you are grabbing everything.  If I'm holding you, you are trying to grab anything I'm doing or anything on me.  If you are in your high chair, you try to grab your feet until I put the tray on....then you lean over to look for anything you could possibly grab.  Go, go, go!!

- When I set you down on the ground, you are never in that same spot by the time I get back.  You roll, you scoot backwards, you turn in a circle on your belly.  Somehow you get around even though you aren't crawling yet!  Although, I have noticed in the past few days that you are starting to get on your knees.  You just want to be playing with your siblings so badly!

- You are eating baby foods just fine.  We try to do about 3 times a day.  No surprise...you like fruits more than vegetables....but we'll keep working on it!  Your favorite is rice cereal made with prune juice.  mmmmm.....

- You do zuberts ALL THE TIME.  You found out you can make that noise and there is no looking back now!

- The other thing people (and your doctor) have commented on is how social you are.  You really focus on people's faces.  My favorite is when you want someone's attention.  You will stare at them...usually not making a sound...until they look at you.  Then, as soon as they look at you, you smile huge and get VERY excited.

- You can sit pretty well on your own.  I can put you down on the ground with the Boppy pillow behind you and you will play with toys in front of you.

- For the past week (knock on wood) you have been sleeping from 7:30 or 8 pm until 6:00 or 6:30.  Then you are awake for the day instead of going back to sleep for a couple hours.  So, we need to get you into a new schedule because that messed up the rest of your nap schedule.  But, usually you take a short morning nap, longer afternoon nap and short evening nap.

- And, of course, you spit up A LOT still.  All the time.  Lots and lots and lots of spit up.  sigh.

Emily, you are such a joyful baby.  You have such a fun, laid back personality.  You really only fuss when you are hungry or tired.  Other than that, you just go with the flow!  We love you lots Baby Girl.

No comments: