In the beginning of December, we had two fun Christmas activities. First, was Mommy's work Christmas party. It was at the Magic House, so everyone's kids were invited to come! One of my coworkers has grown out his beard and hair and even got it chemically treated to be white so he can play Santa for various SLU events. (That's dedication!) So, Santa was at our party which was awesome. We actually walked in the building with him. Abby was walking right next to him and said, "When I was a little girl, I was afraid of you. I cried and cried. Now I'm big and I'm not afraid anymore!" However, 5 minutes later when we got inside, she told me, "Mommy, my heart changed its mind. I don't like Santa anymore." So, Abby wouldn't go near him...but Ethan had a great time talking to him!



Then, even more awesome was when the Billiken came! He had us all laughing with the funny things he was doing with everyone...especially the kids. Abby, of course, was scared of him. Any time he came near her, she would "play dead." She would quickly put her head down on the table and pretend to sleep....like, "Maybe he'll leave me alone if he thinks I'm sleeping!" Eventually, she actually warmed up to his antics and had fun running around with him.
 |
| Playing dead |
 |
| Is the Billiken punching my baby?? |
 |
| Ethan cracking up at the silly Billiken |
 |
| The Billiken pushing Ethan around in our stroller |
The second fun event was the Breakfast with Santa at Mommy's highschool, Cor Jesu. We go every year and the kids LOVE it. They have fun crafts to make, donuts to eat and Christmas dancing! Can't wait for Christmas day to get here!
No comments:
Post a Comment