Thursday, June 14, 2012

One full year


One year old.   My goodness.  Our little baby is ONE YEAR!

Our hilarious, happy, curious, determined, spunky little girl is one year.

Emily, you are the happiest baby around.   It is such a joy to be your mama.  When we go out places, we always get so many comments on how beautiful you are and how happy you are.  You will give anyone you see a smile!  The comments never get old to me.

This past weekend you really started taking off with your walking.  You are taking a good 10 steps at a time now.  It's the best stage because as you walk it looks like your face is saying, "Oh boy, here I go!  Hope I make it!"


You can wave and say "Hi" now.  In fact, you can do it so well, that you do it all the time to pretty much anyone you see.  My favorite is actually when you are on the deck and I'm inside the kitchen.  In the mornings after breakfast, I let you crawl around out there while I clean up.  Sometimes you will see me at the sink inside.  You get a huge smile on your face and wave and say hi.  It's adorable and makes me laugh every time.


You have become quite a picky eater.  When you first started on table foods, you were great about eating a lot of food.  Now, however, you will only eat a handful of things.  Chicken, applesauce, oatmeal, peas, green beans.  You will eat NO fruit.  Isn't that weird??  When you don't want something you shake your head no and blow raspberries.

Actually, pretty much any time you don't like what is going on you blow raspberries.  Like when I'm pulling toys out of your mouth or telling you not to climb on something you could fall off of...like the sand table below.


For so reason, in the past couple of weeks you REALLY don't want the kids hugging you or picking you up.  Even if you are sitting on my lap and Ethan comes up to hug you, you right away arch your back and scream.  I'm not sure what has caused this aversion....oh wait....maybe this is why....


You LOVE to look at birds.  Every morning you look out the back window by our couch for them.  And when you see one you point and get SO excited.


Well, baby girl, you are a trip.  I am SO excited to watch you grow this next year!


No comments: