Last night I was reading the kids a book before putting them to bed. I was sitting on the bed and had a kid on either side of me while we were reading a book about the body. As we are reading it Ethan is commenting or asking questions on basically every paragraph we read. At first, I don't really notice because it's just what he does, but since the book was kind of long I eventually starting getting a little annoyed and just wanted to finish. So, finally I said, "Ethan, geezo! You talk a lot while we are reading! Can we just finish this book? Look how Abby is just sitting and listening." I think he made some comment about how he likes to do it or whatever. We continue on and 30 seconds later he has to go to the bathroom. When he gets up here is the conversation I have with Abby:
Me: Geez....he talks a lot, doesn't he?
Abby (sounding like a 10 year old just as quick and straight faced as can be): Yeah, he was like, "What's the grey part of the brain?, blah, blah, blah."
Me: Laughing out loud (literally I laughed....I didn't say those words)
Abby: Yeah, then he was like, "That's a lot of bones, blah, blah, blah"
Me: (still laughing) Yeah, and then he was like, "That cat has a weird face, blah blah blah"
Abby: Geez-la-weez (sp?) he talks a lot
We were both still laughing when Ethan came back and and he asked what we were talking about. I just told him nothing. This was one of those times that Abby shocked me with her understanding and maturity and it was hilarious!
No comments:
Post a Comment