Sunday, June 5, 2011

Boxy the Turtle



On Friday night, I was sitting outside with the kids when I spotted a turtle walking in our yard.   The kids were so excited and of course wanted to keep it as a pet.   I found a box inside and told them to put some grass and leaves in there while I got him some water.   All night long they played with Boxy (Boxy bc he is a box turtle).   First thing in the morning they checked on him.   We even brought him with us to the garage sale we had at grandma and grandpas house.   However,  after we got home that afternoon we told the kids were should really let Boxy go so he can be with his family.   For a little while Boxy stayed in our yard but eventually he found his way out.   We still have to check for him each time we come home from somewhere and every time Ethan says,  "I really miss that little guy. "  This morning he checked for him and said,  "Still don't see my turtle.   Maybe tomorrow morning."  Keep holding on to that hope buddy!

No comments: