Friday, June 10, 2011

Abby turns 3!

Our little girl turned 3 years old today.  Hard to believe.  She's a full fledged kid who is potty trained and talking like a regular kid.

This morning we woke Abby up with, of course, The Beatles Birthday Song.  We all had a quick dance and then Abby opened a few gifts before Daddy had to leave for work.  She got the dress and shoes shown in the picture tot he left.  She was very excited for her special birthday outfit.  She even ended up sleeping in it tonight....minus the shoes.

Then we played around the house for a bit until it was time for Grant's Farm to open.  Abby picked where she wanted to go today but a 9 months pregnant Mommy was VERY happy with her choice because it is close to our house and doesn't take much time to walk through in the 90 degree heat we are having.

The three of us went to Grant's Farm and had a very nice time.  We did some of the things I normally don't do with them (Ride the carousel, eat snow cones and get a small treat from the gift shop)  for fear they will ask for it every time and I will spend more money than needed. So, that was special for them.



After all the walking in the heat, we left for home to rest and cool off.  Grandma stopped by with lunch from Steak N Shake.  mmmmm.  Then the kids were off to bed!

When they got up we got ready for a trip to Chuck E Cheese.  The Haberberger family came as well as the Ratz family.  All the kids had a great time playing games and running around.







Abigail Marie....you are such a joy.  Look at that smile in the picture just above!  So adorable!!  It makes me so happy to be your mommy.  Here are some of my favorite things you are doing right now:

- You use your hands to talk a lot...especially when you tell stories.  With your little voice, your big eyes and your hand gestures, your stories are always so much fun to listen to.

- You pretend like crazy!!  I'm always amazed how you can take basically anything you find and go into your own little world with it.  I never have to worry about entertaining you.  I love it when you don't know I'm watching you pretend with one of your toys because I get to hear all the conversations they have.  Sometimes, your toys will say a lot of the things I say to you and Ethan on a daily basis.

- Every day at least once you say to me, "I love you Mommy.  You're the best mommy ever and I think you are beautiful."  How could you ever get sick of that??

- If I'm reprimanding Ethan for something you will say, "Mommy, I'll still be your girlfriend."  Basically saying....mommy, I'M being good.  It makes me chuckle inside every time, but I usually just say, "Thanks Ab."

- You and Ethan have been playing together so much more these days.  I LOVE watching you guys interact and pretend together.  Recently you guys even put on a show for me where black Spiderman saves the puppy (you) from jail.  It was quite the production.  Other times I don't know exactly what you are pretending (because I'm busying cleaning up and not really listening) but I know that you go "Under the sea" when you are in the basement and then you come back upstairs to be on land.  You guys laugh a lot together now which is so awesome to see as your mom.  I hope you will always be buddies.

- You are very excited to be a big sister.  You think the baby will be a girl.  Every time you want to touch my belly or give it a kiss you refer to the baby as she or her.  You got it in my head now too, so sometimes I catch myself referring to the baby as a girl!  Hope you aren't too shocked if it's a boy!  I have no doubt you will be an awesome big sister and a big helper to me.

- There's a lot of crying that goes on now.  When you got made about something you used to just do a quick scream.  But now it seems like you instantaneously cry over everything.  And then, of course, I can't understand anything you are saying through your tears, so I can't help you out until you finally calm down enough to talk normally.

- You love to sing.  The other day I heard you singing a song you made up totally by yourself about what you were playing with.  It was adorable.  You easily remember the words to songs which always amazes me.

- You love playing in water.  Every time the hose comes out to water plants you want to be involved.  You stick your hands out to get wet and don't even care if someone where to squirt you with the hose.  When we have a pool in the neighborhood, I think you will take great to swimming.  If I let you, you would play for hours on the bathtub.  All you need are your little rubber duckies.  You pretend with them the whole time you are in there.

Abby, you are turning into such a sweet little girl.  I can't hardly believe that 3 years has gone by since my little peanut was born.  I can't wait to see what this year brings for you!  We love you!

No comments: