Thursday, April 7, 2011

Horsey!



Two weeks ago Ethan left a stuffed animal at a restaurant.   I caught it before we left and stuffed it in my purse.  In an effort to teach him a lesson,  we told him the horse was gone forever and that's why he needs to stop bringing toys everywhere. (really I just stuck it in our coat closet not really knowing what I was going to do with it)  He was extremely sad but I held my ground.  Not much was said about the horse for the past couples weeks (He would randomly say he missed it, but I didn't think much of it).....until last night.  

Ethan has been pretty cranky the past couple of weeks.  Something was wrong... we just couldn't figure out what.   Last night after having a bad behavior day with grandma and then a hard night with us, Brian asked him why he has been so bad these past couple weeks.  He finally answered, "Because I lost my horse!"

This was TWO weeks ago.  That can't possibly be the cause of all our woes STILL, is it??  In a desperate attempt to get our happy boy back, Brian "called" Red Robin to see if they still had his horse.  Amazingly they did.  So, Brian "drove to Red Robin"  (or around the block) to get the horse.  We gave it back to Ethan and it was instant joy.  He took a shower with no complaining.  He put on pajamas with no crying.  He even went to bed without asking for 5 more stories.

This morning he was hugging his horse and asking me if I wanted to pet him.  I said, "Ethan, is that horse REALLY the reason you were acting to bad these past two weeks?"  His response, "Well, Mom, when people lose things, they are sad."

OK then.

So, needless to say, Ethan is overjoyed to have his friend home.  

No comments: