Ethan has officially started cub scouts! To say he is extremely excited is an understatement. He has been asking for weeks about when it will start. Then it was every day until his first meeting. Combine that with, "when am I getting my uniform?" So, the day of, he could BARELY contain himself.
He learned some of the cub scout basics, like, the "Do your best" motto, the cub scout sign, and the handshake. It was really amazing actually, because I got a glimpse of "School Ethan". I thought that since I was a leader, he may get a little goofy. I could not have been more wrong. He listened to every instruction given. Never spoke out or goofed off when someone was talking. He was always the first to put his cub scout sign up when a leader put theirs up to quiet the kids. It was really quite impressive!
The other thing we learned about was the fundraiser they are currently doing which is to sell popcorn. I figured we would ask some of the family and a couple neighbors around us. Oh no. The very next day after an early release at school, my cub scout got his whole uniform on and said he was ready to go out and sell. We went out TWICE that day in the heat and he got around 15 orders. I coached him along the way and he pretty much got it down to say, "Hi my name is Ethan and I'm a cub scout. We are selling popcorn for a fundraiser that helps us to do really fun things in our den. Would you be interested?" The cuteness overload of this guy in his full uniform saying that to everyone was just too much to resist. He had no fear to ring any doorbell and try to sell. He even sold to his bus driver!!
This boy is PROUD to be a cub scout! Now I just have to field the question of "When is my next meeting", nearly every day!
No comments:
Post a Comment