Tuesday, November 13, 2012

6 years old





Holy. Cow.  My baby is 6.  And he is in Kindergarten.  What the heck!

These past 6 months have been amazing, watching Ethan transform into a big kid before my eyes.  It's no secret that in the past, Ethan was a bit....difficult.  Even just this past summer, I had created a "No Jar" where I took money out of his piggy bank each time he told me "no".

Well, all those difficult times were worth it to come to this, caring, hilarious, smart boy.  I am so proud of the boy he has become.







My favorite things about Ethan right now:

- The way he tell mes "Thank you" multiple times a day for everything and anything.  Like, "Thank you mom for this delicious dinner,"  "thank you mom for taking me to the store with you."  "Thank you mom for playing this game with me." 



- How he loves school SO much.  I attribute a lot of his behavior change to going to school every day where his brain is challenged and he has a set schedule he can count on.  His first report card was amazing.  Our first parent teacher conference went awesome.  He's known for always making good choices.  His teacher has emailed a couple times to tell us great stories about his choices at school.  They suggested he get tested for the gifted program.  We just couldn't be prouder of him.

- His freckles on his nose.



- How he helps out with Emily all the time.  He will get her in and out of her chair at the table.  If I'm doing something I can yell to him to get her out of whatever bad thing she has gotten into.  He even likes to help me change her diaper.

- He loves baseball.  He played on a team this past summer and he still loves practicing with Brian and his cousins.



- LEGOS.  He's obsessed with them right now.  He doesn't need any help anymore to get a set together.  He can follow the directions and put together pretty complicated ones.

- Reading!  He is doing AWESOME with reading.  He is working really hard at it because he wants to be able to do it so badly.



- The stuff that comes out of his mouth is just so hilarious sometimes.  I need a recording device on me at all times because I never remember by the end of the day what he says so I can blog it.  But tonight, when I put him to bed he said, "When I'm 6, 7, 8 and 9 I'm just going to keep being really silly. But, when I'm 10, I'll start to get serious."  Ok, Bud!  Thanks for the warning!

- His memory is insane.  Which is good and bad.  Good - he retains most everything he is told.  He can pull facts out that he learned in preschool last year.  He remembers stuff we saw on vacation this summer.  Bad - the other day he asked me, "Mom, do you remember when you used to sit on me?"  (reference paragraph above where I talk about his bad behavior for years)

Ethan, I just couldn't love you any more.  You are such a wonderful little boy and I am so proud to be your mom.   This next year is going to be so exciting with all the new stuff you will get to experience at school.  I can't wait to watch you go through it al!

1 comment:

Allie said...

My favorite: "Mom, do you remember when you used to sit on me?" Literally made me lol.


Love that boy!!!