Monday, May 14, 2012

11 Months

Emily, your personality is starting to REALLY shine through now.  You are infectious.  It is impossible to be in a bad mood around you.  How could you when this is how you greet people:


You are not shy at all so far.  You greet everyone with a big smile.  Grandpa likes to say that if you could talk you would be saying, "HEY!!  You're here?!?  It's so great to see you!!"  You say it all with your precious little face.

If I thought you were on the move before...whew...I didn't know what was coming.  You have found a new love for climbing.  You can get all the way up the stairs no problem before I even realize you are out of the room.  You love climbing the fireplace.  Any chair that is low enough you climb.  You even know how to get yourself down on your stomach by putting one leg down at a time. Pretty impressive.







 Being a third child, you HAVE to be in on everything or we hear it from you!  You know what you want to do and you make it known.  Again, if you could talk you would say, "I can do this too, I'm not a baby, you know!"  Most recently it was at the kids' carnival at school.  You were right alongside them the entire time.  You wanted to play each game yourself.  And when I picked you up so you wouldn't be in the way??  WHEW.  You would scream and arch your back, "PUT ME DOWN, I WANT TO DO IT!"


You've started to take a couple steps, which is a lot of fun.  You are doing a lot more standing by yourself and balancing.  You will even go a very short distance between things if you can reach far enough and only take one or two steps.  I can only imagine what the house will be like when you are walking!

You have one bottom tooth completely through and we can see the one right next to it coming in too now!  It's hard to tell if any of your top ones are coming yet.  You usually bat my hand away any time I try to look in your mouth.

You can wave and sort of say "bye bye". 

You are sort of picky on eating.  Your favorites right now are:  Uncle Guy's chicken, avocado, applesauce, yogurt and pasta.

In the past couple days I decided to quit nursing you.  You take 3 bottles a day and you look forward to each one.  I have a feeling we are going to have a hard time breaking you of it.  You don't like drinking out of a sippy cup at all really.  But, we'll cross that bridge in a month or so.

Baby Girl, I can't believe in just one month you will be a year old already!!!  You are a trip, that's for sure.  Every day I get to see that smiling face is a blessing.  And now...cute pictures of you...




















1 comment:

The Munchkins Mama said...

She sounds just like Madison - the Grandpa jealousy part and all! Too freakin' cute though!