Today, my little man is FIVE years old. Buster Brown, where has the time gone??
You were so excited about your birthday that you got up at 4:30 today! Half asleep I heard you crawl into our bed and say, "Are we done sleeping yet?" When I got up at 5:00 to feed Emily, you were ready and raring to go! We, of course, played Beatles Birthday Song and danced together once everyone was awake. You requested french toast for breakfast and you got to eat on the special red plate. After that, we just had to kill time before your party at 11:30. You acted a little crazy because you were so excited.
Your party was CRAZY, but tons of fun. We had a lot of friends and family there. We even invited our new neighbor friends.
Getting ready for games
Pin the tongue on the monster
Abby playing pin the tongue
And your neighbor buddy, Josilyn playing
Natalie Ratz and Sam doing the bean bag monster toss
Having fun after drinking your orange soda
Opening presents -- Superman!
A Transformer!
Legos!
And from Mom and Dad....Guess Who
Singing Happy Birthday with your Transformer cake
Blowing out the candles
The aftermath of the party
Here are some of my favorite things about you:
- You sing A LOT. All day long you like to sing random songs about anything going on. You also like to sing the songs you learn at school, which I LOVE to listen to. The video below is just an example of the random singing you do during the day. Sometimes Abby gets really mad at you for singing so much. She'll cover her ears and say, "He's being too loud!!" The clip is long, but shows how you sing about your day. It was a rainy day that we were stuck inside.
- When someone asks you how you are you reply, "I'm doing great!" Almost always, it makes people laugh. I think because everyone is used to hearing "Fine" or "Good". And when your cute little face says, "Great!" it shocks people and they laugh.
- Sometimes when I talked to you I feel like you are 10 years old. There are times when the things you say and how you say them shock me because they seem so much older than what a five year old should be saying.
- You LOVE your new school. They are challenging you more than your other preschool and I find it amazing to see how quickly your little brain soaks up all this information. I had your first parent/teacher conference and you got a GLOWING review. The teacher loves how happy you are every morning when you walk in. She thinks you concentrate really hard on everything you do to do the best you can on what you are working on. She says you are VERY polite. That you play well with everyone in the classroom, especially on the playground. I was so proud of you after that meeting!
- You can be SOO sweet. Sometimes when I tell you how much I love you or if I am telling you what a good boy you are being at the moment, you have this smile that is so sweet it just melts my heart. You still tell me many times a day that you love me and I'm the best mom ever. Let's hope I can squeeze that out of you a little longer!
- You LOVE LOVE LOVE your baby sister. No one can make Emily laugh as much as you do. She just watches your every move and laughs if you do something silly to her. You are so sweet all of the time to her. Sometimes you when you are playing with her you will look at me and say, "I just love this baby so much!!"
Ethan, I am so proud to be your mommy. You have brought so much love and laughter to our lives! We love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment