Monday, November 14, 2011

5 months

A day after your big brother turns five years old, you turn 5 months old!  My little Emmie.....Where do I begin with your cuteness??

-How about the morning?  I LOVE going to get you out of bed in the morning.   Usually, when you wake up for good in the morning, you just wiggle your way out of your swaddle (yes I still swaddle you, more on that later) and get your hand to your mouth and then talk, talk, talk.  When I get upstairs, I look in at you and say, "Well, GOOD morning!"  And then you give me the biggest, sweetest smile.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE it.  I open up your blanket and then both arms go straight above your head, you arch your back for a REALLLLY good stretch and then you are ready for the day!

- Your schedule goes something like this: You wake up around 5 or 5:30 am to eat then you go back to sleep until 7:00.  You are awake to play and now eat some rice cereal and prunes in the morning (have to keep you regular b/c you get "backed up" pretty easily!) Around 9:00 am you are ready for a morning nap.  Usually that last around an hour to an hour and a half.  Then play, eat lunch and around 1:30 you are ready for an afternoon nap.  This one is usually long.  Somewhere between 2 to 3 hours.    Then play and eat dinner.  around 5:30 or 6 you are ready for a quick cat nap so you can make it to bed time.  For this one, me or Daddy usually end up just holding you.  For me, I like the snuggle time and it's usually only a half hour or so that you sleep.  Then play and get your siblings to bed.  And 8:00 on the dot every night you are ready for bed.  We can put you down eyes wide open and you will but yourself to sleep.  So, you sleep from 8 pm until 5:00 am which is really nice.

- Swaddle.  I feel like you are too old to be swaddled.  BUT, every time I have you unswaddled your hands go straight to your face and you rub your eyes.  You also seem to wake up more because you hit yourself in the face.  I figure eventually you'll just be too big.  Hopefully, this isn't a bad habit I've gotten you in!

- You are getting better at sitting by yourself.  You have to put your hands in between your legs to brace and you fall easily...but it's a start!



- You are such a trooper.  Being the third, you get dragged around to a lot of places.  You just go with the flow!  You really only fuss when you are hungry or tired.  Sometimes you fuss to let me know you are bored or if you just want me to look at you so you can smile at me.

- You love your feet.  You are trying to get them basically all the time.  The other day you were in your highchair buckled in but without the tray.  You bent completely in half to eat one of your feet!



- Your smile is the best.  Your entire face smiles.  Your chubby little cheeks....and your squinty eyes!  Just want to eat you up.





- You have LOTS of rolls.  Ankle rolls, wrist rolls, neck rolls, thigh rolls, and the biggest....belly rolls.  It's adorable and pinchable.  However, it is a little annoying to try to keep all those rolls clean with all the spitup you do!

- Food.  At 4 months we started rice cereal with you.  You took to it right away.  You got the hang of the spoon and food in your mouth very quickly....I suppose to fill those rolls up more!  Now we have tried, prunes, green beans and squash.  You did NOT like green beans.  But, hopefully you'll warm up to them.

- You still spit up so much I can't hardly talk about it.  Now it's colored and stinks even worse because of the food.  Watch out carpet.

- You LOVE your siblings.  You watch them all of them time and now you laugh ALL of the time at them.  Ethan mainly, but Abby is getting some laughs out of you too now.




- You roll from your back to your belly like a champ, but not from your belly to your back.  Although, you somehow move around.  I will put you on the playmat and next thing I know you are off of it.  I swear you are trying to crawl already.  You scoot your little body forward when you are on your tummy.  Trying to keep up with the big kids!

Well Em, you almost have half a year under your belt!  You are such a sweet little baby!  I can't wait to see your little personality come out more in these next months!

No comments: