- Just a couple days ago she rolled from her back to her tummy for the first time. Now that she has done this new "trick" it's the first thing she does when you set her down now. I think she's just so happy to be doing SOMETHING other than laying/sitting. She watches her siblings going in circles around her all the time and she wants in on the action. So, no more laying her on a bed unattended!
- She is VERY smiley. All it takes is a little attention her way and she gives the biggest smiles. She also laughs a lot. And no surprise here...Ethan makes her laugh the most, as seen here:
- She is really starting to grab objects and bring to her mouth. One of her favorite objects is the monkey that we have hanging from her car seat handle. She grabs for it and pulls on the feet. She like to talk to him a lot in the car too.
- I am noticing that she is very aware of who is around her and when people are paying attention to her. If you leave her alone in a room, sometimes she whines a little. But, as soon as you come back in and talk to her she's fine and smiles at you.
- Her schedule is about the same. She moved up her bedtime to 8 pm. Not sure why, but all the sudden she's exhausted and can't stay awake past then....so, why fight it? The problem with that is that she didn't keep her wake up time in the morning the same...she moved that up an hour too! So, most mornings she is waking up around 4:30. Which really, for a 4 months old is awesome. She's sleeping for 8 hours! I'll feed her and she will go back to sleep for about 2 more hours. She is up for the day around the same time the other kids get up then. Usually she's sleepy again around 9am. If we aren't out doing errands, I'll put her for a nap in her bed, swaddled, and she'll sleep for about an hour. After her noonish feeding, she is tired exactly one hour later. Then, she will go down for her long nap in the afternoon. It ranges anywhere from 2 to 4 hours long. She eats when she gets up from that. Usually there is one more cat nap in the evening, the bed time at 8!
- Her doctor's appointment is this Friday, so we will see how much she has grown. Although, I'm ready to have her out of the infant car seat! She is a load to carry around. As soon as she gets a little better at sitting on her own to where I can put her in a shopping cart, I'm going to switch her to the big car seat. I'm already finding myself taking her out of it and carrying her when I can b/c she's getting heavy!
No comments:
Post a Comment