They go on Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9:15 - 12:00. Ethan has Mrs. Bayless as his teacher in the pre-K class. Their first day when I picked them up Ethan said, "Boy, she sure does talk fast!" And I can confirm that she does! A very spunky teacher indeed. They have computer time EVERY day which Ethan is over the moon about. That boy loves computers.
Abby has Mrs. Karsten as her teacher. Abby's observation was, "She has blonde hair, just like me!" On Abby's first full day of class, they read the Kissing Hand book. Her teacher had a puppet of a the raccoon, Chester, from the book. Apparently, Chester gave Abby a kiss on her hand where she had a purple heart sticker. She told me no less than 10 times when she got home about how that raccoon kissed her hand....for serious!
This week they went to "Lunch Bunch" for the first time. For an extra fee, the kids can stay until 1:15 and eat their lunches with their friends. Since it is a very rainy day here, I thought it would be a good day to test that out. Of course, they thought it was awesome. I cut their sandwiches into the shape of a heart and it was a big hit.
They are already soaking up so much information in the 3 days they have had actual class...it's amazing. Ethan counted to 5 in Spanish. When I asked him how to say friends in Spanish he knew that as well. I can't wait to watch them learn and grow this year!
No comments:
Post a Comment