Emily has reached the all important 3 months old! She's not an infant anymore, she's a full on baby.
-As we have seen from previous posts, she is growing just fine. I find new rolls on her all the time!
-However, these rolls are proving difficult when combined with the copious amounts of spitup she does all the time. I have to be careful to clean in her rolls all the time so it doesn't get wet and moldy in those rolls!
- So, yes, she is still spitting up. A lot. Like, a whole lot. All the time. I've become immune to the smell of sour milk. In fact, it almost smells good to me now. THAT'S how much she spits up.
-Sleep is going great! In fact, she is asleep right now as I write this. It's her afternoon nap time and she will take a (on average) 3 hour nap. It's wonderful. She still doesn't have a set morning nap time, but that's mostly due to the fact that the mornings are always so busy for us. She catches a snooze when she can basically. At night she still, like clockwork, wants to be in bed for the night by 9pm. Lately, she has been sleeping until somewhere around 6 or 6:30am. Again, wonderful. I really like sleep.
-When we do tummy time sometimes she will push herself over on to her back. I don't really count it as "rolling over" so much as, "I'm up on my arms and I sort of happened to fall over."
-She laughs and it's adorable. Like, a for real, chuckle. It's so cute with the cheeks and the squinty eyes. I have yet to be able to capture it on video, but as soon as I do, I will post it!
-She talks like crazy now. It's like she has a whole story to tell you sometimes. Again, adorable. One of the best sounds in the world. And Ethan can get her to talk like no other. She LOVES Ethan. Probably b/c he spends a lot of time playing with her. What a great big brother.
-She has started to scoot herself out of her bouncy seat. I never actually take the time to buckle her in, so I have to be careful now! She kind of thrashes her body which scoots her butt down. She thinks she's pretty nifty when she does it too. Usually she smiles afterwards like, "Look what I just did". She also does this in her bath seat.
-Speaking of baths, she still L-O-V-E-S baths. I think she would sit in there forever. As soon as I sit her in that seat she is happy and kicks around. She likes it even more when one or more of the kids are in there with her.
-Ethan says I should write about her crying. She cries in the car a good amount still. If she's the least bit tired or hungry, it's a cry fest. Ethan says he tries to get her to stop in the car, but it doesn't work.
-Her latest discovery is that she likes to be sitting up. She wants to be up and able to see what her siblings are doing all the time. When she is in her bouncy seat or car seat, she pulls her head trying to do it herself. So, she is liking the Bumbo now!
I think that's all the updates on Emily that I have! Now here are some pictures!
No comments:
Post a Comment