I can't believe it has taken me so long to write about this. A couple months ago Abby started calling me her "girlfriend". I can't remember now why it all started, but I think she might call me girlfriend more than she calls me mom! Examples:
- Brian goes in to get the kids one morning and Abby won't get out of bed until her girlfriend comes to get her. When I enter she stands up and says, "Girlfriend!!"
- If she is telling a story about the two of us she will say, "I went to the park with my girlfriend."
- Today I heard the kids talking. Abby said something about a baby and Ethan asked, "What baby?" Abby's response: "The baby that is growing in my girlfriend's tummy."
Even though she's been doing this for quite some time now, it still makes me laugh every time I hear her call me that. It's so funny coming out of her little body with her squeaky little voice.
In doing this post, I realized that I have NO pictures of Abby and I from this past year....or with Ethan for that matter. I seem to always be the one behind the camera. So, I'll have to try to get one soon to add to this post.
1 comment:
Oh this is hilarious. HILARIOUS!
Post a Comment