The first night we told her this story, she was in disbelief. I can't tell you how many times she said, "The Binky Fairy ate my binky!" Her little face was so confused. I kept telling her that she didn't EAT it....she just took it to give to another baby! After that finally soaked in she just kept repeating, "The Binky Fairy took my binky!" Over and over and over. She never cried....she never threw a fit.....she asked me to lay with her for a minute.....and then she went to bed.
Wait a minute.....that's it??? It took us what felt like WEEKS to get Ethan to go to bed after we took his away. That's why we came up with the whole Binky Fairy story. We tried to cut the binkie, we tried to get him to throw them away....finally Brian made up this story about a fairy who comes for binkies. Even after that we had to draw out his night time routine....one more story....one more book....one more song. Abby just.....went to bed. I even though, "uh oh, my mom watches her tomorrow....hope she doesn't give her trouble at nap time." Nope. Abby asked for her binky and my mom just said, "Well, didn't the binky fairy take it?" So, she grabbed a baby doll, rolled over and went to sleep. Same thing at bed time tonight.
So, that was easier than I thought! Hooray for laid back second children!
No comments:
Post a Comment