So, when did Ethan get so difficult to put to bed? Back "when he was a little boy" (Which is Ethan's new phrase lately...."When I was a little boy, I hit Abby"...or...."When I was a little boy, I ate bananas".) he was so easy to put to bed! You could practically throw him in bed, say good night and that was it. Now, however, it's a huge ordeal. Brush teeth. go potty. read books. tell a story to him. he tells you a story. sing a song. And now his new thing is to leave the lamp next to his bed on while he reads by himself before going to bed.
One thing that doesn't help is Grandpa's scary stories. Last night we had dinner with the Haberbergers and Grandpa told the older boys some scary stories. Ethan proceeded to have multiple nightmares. One where when we came into his room because he was crying and he said, "My bed is turning into a wolf! I don't want to be in my old bed, I want to be in my new bed" (We are in the process of switching the kids' rooms around) And another where he was screaming and when I came in he was out of his bed and when I asked him if he was okay he said, "I thought there was a wolf on my bed!!" Apparently we need to monitor alone time with Grandpa.
2 comments:
Love love loving the blog!! Great idea, especially for us West Coasters! Although, it does make me miss you all even more... can't wait to see you at the end of the month!
What a mean Grandpa! HAHA! I love the picture of the kiddos sleeping in the sam bed. James, Erin and I did that too when we were little!
Post a Comment