Friday, February 27, 2015

Variety Show Performances

Every year our school puts on a Variety Show where the kids can show off their talents.  Last year, we went to watch the show and while we were there Abby said, "Next year I'm going to be in this show and I'm going to sing "Let It Go"!"  Sure enough, when the forms came home this year from school she told me to sign her up and she's going to sing Let It Go!  And then Ethan decided he wanted to participate too and play piano.

I'm so proud of both of them because that takes a lot of courage to get on stage by yourself and perform in front of so many people!

Abby did a great job and even had the kids in front swaying their hands back and forth while she sang.  I got many "She is so adorable" comments even days after the show.  She made quite the impression!




Ethan started his song strong but then some wind from the air conditioning was blowing his music closed.  So, he had a little distraction and got off track for a minute.  Thankfully our Assistant Principal who was right off stage saw what was going on and went up to hold his music.  After that he hit every note perfectly!  I was so proud that he carried on, didn't give up or get upset AND played it perfectly after that hiccup.
Notice how the page is blowing

Now a friendly hand helping out!


And the high five at the end for an awesome performance


No comments: