Thursday, April 17, 2014

Muffins with Mom

Today I had the pleasure of attending Muffins with Mom in Abby's classroom.  She has know for about a month that I would be coming for it and has been BURSTING with this secret.  On my birthday when we went up to school to eat with Ethan, we ran into Abby's teacher.  She could barely take the excitement of the two of us in the same spot and she just kept chanting, "Don't tell the secret, don't tell the secret."  She whispered into her teacher's ear and then came up with the story that there was going to be a meeting about the American flag.  I pretended like I thought that sounded SO boring.  When the flyer came home for Muffins with Mom she told me that it was just a trick.  That they sent me that to get me to the school but it was really a meeting about the American Flag.

So, for the past month (and especially A LOT this week) she has been telling me how bored I'm going to be at this American flag meeting.  It was her way of being able to talk about it without giving away the surprise.

When I got there Abby was holding this:



And then she had me close my eyes to walk into the room and SURPRISE it WAS actually Muffins with Mom.




She colored me a placemat!




Each kid got up and read something they wrote about their mom.  Mine said, "My mom is special because she snuggles with me.  My mom's favorite color is pink.  My mommy's favorite food is lettuce.  My mom's favorite girls are me and Emily.  My Mommy's favorite tv show is........The news!  I think she is 31 almost.  I love the way my Mom sings Alladin.  I think the reason that my mom makes my heart glow is because she is sweet and caring.  I like to go to Disney World with my mommy.  I think the reason you make me smile is because you are caring, neat and a very good mom.  Love, Abby."

I mean, seriously....how lucky am I to have this sweet girl?!

Thanks Abby for a wonderful afternoon!


No comments: