Friday, April 5, 2013

Random Things

A few random things about the kids that I haven't documented but don't want to forget

Ethan


He is doing so awesome in school!  He is reading like a champ!  Last night he was reading a totally new book that he has never seen and got words like "concentrating" very quickly with little sounding out.  Totally amazed at how quickly he has picked it up AND understanding what he reads. 

At school, his teacher has a system where if you do something really good that needs to be recognized she moves your number to "You're A Star" and you get a paper to bring home and to pick a prize out of a prize box.  Nearly every day Ethan comes home and says, "I ALMOST got it."  I have been teasing his teacher that at the end of the day she tells him, "You were pretty good, but not good enough...you ALMOST got a star today."  I'll ask him what he has done and it's all good things like helping to stack chairs, cleaning up, etc.  This week I told his teacher about how he still comes home every day saying he almost got a star.  She commented that Ethan is always so helpful and good that it's easy to forget to praise him because it's just so normal for him.  So, this Friday Ethan came off the bus BEAMING.  "Mom, you'll NEVER guess what I have in my backpack.  This is the best day of my life"  I had an idea, but I guessed all kinds of crazy things.  Then he told me he got a star because Miss White asked him for a marker and he got it for her.  Then she wrote on his paper WITH the marker! 

Abby


Our little Abby is also doing so great in school.  Her teacher raves about how smart she is.  Since she has a June birthday which is near the cutoff for Kindergarten, we had a conversation about whether or not to hold her back.  Although there is a little concern for her maturity because she does still get upset easily, there is no question about her academic readiness so she highly suggested sending her.  So proud of her!

I think she has hit a growth spurt recently because she suddenly looks "tall" to me.  We even moved her to size 5 clothes already.  Our little peanut!!

She is just so sweet.  Giving me kisses and hugs all the time and telling me EVERY day multiple times a day that I am the best mom ever.

She still loves gymnastics.  She looks forward to it every week and is getting pretty good at it!  Her favorite is the bar.  She can jump up and grab on to it by herself.  She can ALMOST swing around it by herself.  And she always says, "WEEEE" while she's going around.

Emily




The picture above shows how Emily drinks her milk.  Only from these throw away sippy cups and with no hands.  She just tilts her head back.  That way she can play with her belly button.  Hilarious.

She is REALLY talking now.  She jabbers all day long now.  She repeats words we say and tries to talk about everything she is doing.   She will randomly sing "Happy to you.  Happy to you"  She is great about saying "Thank you" thank you for things and "Sorry"  if someone says "ow!" to something she does.  

Right now she has a fear of worms.  The other day there was a dead one on the sidewalk.  I took a stick and was poking at it with the girls....well...I accidentally flicked it on Emily.  She about freaked out. So now she stands in our garage, points at the driveway and says "Worm..EW!!!"  She won't walk on the driveway or sidewalk for fear of them.  She will ride her bike or ride in the wagon however.

She is getting into a little pretending.  She loves the little Pet Shop animals we have and will take two of them and they will say "hi" to each other.

No comments: