Saturday, February 9, 2013

Already getting ready for summer

This year, we are getting the kids prepared for swimming this summer.  Since it is mostly me bringing the kids to the pool by myself, I wanted the two older kids to be better swimmers so I am more comfortable with them being in the big pool while I'm in the baby pool with Emily.  Life will be much easier this way!

So, the kids are already taking swim lessons once a week through our school district.  So far, they love it!  Abby is a little slower to learn, but in just two lessons Ethan is really doing great.  They have a great program where they conquer one skill at a time leading up to swimming actual strokes.  They are both in the first steps right now learning the basics of floating, kicking, etc.  I think Ethan will be ready to learn the crawl stroke soon though! 

Sorry for poor quality, I only had my phone camera!





No comments: