In the afternoons, Abby and I have some time to ourselves. We get Ethan on the bus to school and as soon as we get home, Emily goes down for a nap. So, it has been a lot of fun getting to spend time with just her. Abby's favorite game with me right now is haircutter. I sit on the ground, she sits on the couch and she brushes my hair. (I'll NEVER complain about this game!) The funniest part is that she talks like she is an adult.
A: So, sweetie, what you have you been up today.
K: Well, I took a walk and colored some pictures.
A: Oh really? That's a good reason. (I don't know why she says that, but it makes me laugh so I don't ask or correct her.)
The other night when we played she was telling me how her mom died. I thought this was terrible and asked what happened. The story went something like this:
There was a werewolf that ate my mother. She was inside his belly. I was really sad about this, but the last thing my mom said to me while she was in his belly was, "Abby, be a haircutter." (she said that in a whispered voice in the distance) So, that's what I"m a haircutter!
Makes total sense to me!
No comments:
Post a Comment