Wednesday, March 14, 2012

9 months

Wow.  9 months already!  Emily, what a ride you are.  I feel like every post about you talks about how much you move.....well, this one won't be different.  When I sit to think about you and what you are doing at 9 months, moving is the first thing that comes to my mind.  While you are awake, you are moving.  Bottom line.  You can cruise along furniture VERY fast now.  You are even transferring between two things by reaching out and taking a step.  Your crawling is perfected.  You can go anywhere you want to.  We can call you from another room and you will come to us!  It's pretty funny.  You NEVER just sit still.   If you aren't crawling or walking you are leaning to get something or searching for what you can do.  EVERYTHING goes in the mouth which is making outside difficult.

One of my favorite things is when you pull up on our end tables and just reach your hand as far as it can go on the table moving it back and forth trying to find anything you can grab.  It doesn't matter what it is....just anything.

I think you are becoming a bit of a Daddy's girl.  You light up every time he is around.  You always want him to hold you.

You are starting to give "hugs".  When someone is holding you, to show your affection you will lay your head on their shoulder for a brief second.   I've noticed you also do this when I'm holding you and someone talks directly to you.  Almost like you are being shy!

You are a great eater.  Some of your favorite things are diced carrots, graham crackers, Baby Bel cheese, cherrios, Uncle Guy's chicken and applesauce.  You eat your 3 meals with us at the table.  You are still nursing 4 times a day too.

Your personality is starting to come out a bit.  You are very determined.  If you want to reach something, by God, you will figure it out...even if you have to walk all the way around a table to get it.  And when I take that thing away from you because you aren't supposed to have it, you yell at me.

No teeth yet, so I get that adorable gummy smile a bit longer!  Your siblings didn't get teeth until close to a year, so I assume you are on the same track.

Speaking of siblings, you LOVE Ethan and Abby.  They keep you entertained.  I love hearing you laugh when they are doing something silly with you.  When they are at school you look like you are lost trying to figure out what to do without their stuff to get into and they antics to keep you busy.  As soon as they get in the car when we pick them up you smile and laugh and kick around you are so happy to see them! 

Overall, you are a great baby.  You really only fuss when you are tired or hungry or I take something away from you.  Your smile is infectious and you make life fun!














No comments: