Sunday, July 18, 2010

Story Tellers

Ethan LOVES stories. He loves hearing stories told to him and he loves to be the one telling stories as well. His favorites are to hear a good scary story from Grandpa and Daddy is his favorite silly story teller. Along the way, he's picked up some good plots. In fact, once a story he was telling Grandpa and his cousins Sam and Joe was so vivid that he started getting scared himself. Sam told him, "You can't get scared..you are the one telling the story!" For example, here is a story he told me today:

One night I was walking in a graveyard when all of the sudden a hand came out of the ground. Then it said, "BRAINS.....BRAINS". It was a zombie! But then there was blue and black and red and they fought the zombie. It was Batman and Iron Man! They saved the day!

After he had told a story and I had told a story, Ethan looked at Abby who had just walked into the room and said, "Now, you tell one Ab. Tell one about the princesses." (she was holding two little princess figures) Her story goes to show you that even though kids don't seem like they know what's going on....they do....they hear EVERYTHING. So, after hearing many stories along the way, Abby's story went like this:

Once upon a time two princesses walking in the forest. Then they heard "OOWW OWW OWW" It was a werewolf! AHHHHH!

We still aren't sure what happened to the princesses....I hope they made it out of the forest alive!

2 comments:

Audra said...

I am not sure but I think Abby's story has Twilight roots.

Becky Heath said...

I can only imagine that Brian is behind the fact that Ethan told a story about zombies!