Monday, May 10, 2010

Dad's first entry

So, be patient, this is my first entry.  I don't have any pictures to share...Just a story.

Ethan has been acting up quite a bit lately (primarily due to his asthma meds I think) and its been affecting his behavior and sleep.  Since we moved Ethan and Abby into the room, I have been very conscious about Ethan screaming/crying out during his sleep and waking Abby.

So, a couple days ago, Ethan was refusing to take a nap quietly.  He began screaming "Daddy, don't LEAVE!" He would speak the first two words and then SCREAM "LEAVE."  So, I ran upstairs and plucked him from his room, told him he had to be quiet and brought him to my bed so he could scream and not bother Abby.  Well, he proceeded to get down from that bed and scream from the top of the stairs.  I was fed up, so I told him "Get your butt down here," which he did.  I put him on the couch and told him I didn't want to hear a word from him as I went back to whatever chore I was working on.

Of course, he was asleep within 5 minutes and took his entire nap on the sofa.  I wasn't in the room when he woke up, but Karen was.  When she asked him why he was sleeping downstairs, he calmly replied "Because Daddy told me to get my butt down here."  I guess I need to watch how I phrase my requests from now on.

1 comment:

The Beyrouty Family said...

One of those times you have to hide your laughter. I thought it was so hilarious when he said that.